Amsterdam cargo dips 6%


Amsterdam Airport Schiphol processed 679,214 tonnes of cargo in the first six months of 2023, a dip of 6% compared with the same period in 2022, in-keeping with global trends said the Netherlands gateway.

Full freighter flights accounted for 64% of total throughput at the airport, equating to 431,315 tonnes of cargo, while belly cargo accounted for the remaining 36% at 247,899 tonnes.

“When you compare our figures to the wider picture across Europe, you’ll find that Schiphol Airport has weathered global  challenges quite well,” said Joost van Doesburg, head of cargo, Royal Schiphol Group. “According to IATA, the total air cargo market in Europe saw a 10.2% decrease – here at Schiphol, we had a significantly lower drop of 6%.”